What do top mobile app development companies have in common? It’s a tough question, given the ever-changing nature of mobile applications and user expectations — add the sheer number of businesses now offering “app development,” and companies face a difficult task when evaluating potential partners.
Need a mobile app but not sure where to start or who to contact? Let’s break down what you need to look for in a mobile app development company.
What makes a great mobile application developer? With no hard-and-fast standards in app development, it’s often difficult for companies to pinpoint signs of expertise or notice red flags of substandard work. The best bet is to look for these key qualities.
- Partnership Priorities — The right mobile developer should treat you like a partner in the process, not just a customer. This means taking the time to brainstorm, strategize and prototype with your business before app building begins.
- Clear Communication — Top mobile app development companies are clear about cost, timelines and deliverables — with communication before, during and after the design process. If it’s hard to contact your potential partner, look somewhere else.
- Top-Tier Technology — What type of technology underlies application development processes? For example, hybrid design infrastructure allows applications to work across multiple operating systems, meaning companies don’t need to spend twice as much (or more) for the same mobile application.
Before you sign a contract with any mobile app development company, ask questions. Here are three great starters.
- What’s your design process? The ideal answer describes an iterative, collaborative process that includes your company at every step and delivers an app prototype before you spend a single dollar — you should like what you see prior to any purchase.
- What’s the total cost? Look for a company that offers a flat-fee structure and is upfront about the cost of design, ongoing support and added features. If developers can’t (or won’t) answer this question, consider other options.
- What type of ongoing support is offered? Great apps aren’t one-and-done — keeping up with consumer expectations and security concerns demands regular support and application updates.
Why It Matters
What happens if you pick the wrong app developer? Your app takes longer to design, costs more to build and limits long-term ROI. The right development partner, meanwhile, makes you part of the design process, provides proof-of-concept prototypes and ensures application infrastructure can handle multiple devices, operating systems and meet emerging needs.Looking for a mobile app development company that’s passionate about partnerships and improving the development process? Let’s talk.